If you like it, put a ring on it

Once upon a time I stumbled upon this tutorial, and thought "Hey! I can do that!" And so I did it. Just like that. Then end. 
Here is how I made a similar ring and others from random things I found around the house.

  • Nail Polish
  • Tape
  • Coins, buttons, etc.
  • Hot glue
  • Ring base


I basically followed the instructions in the tutorial I mentioned, except I painted various pennies in different colors to switch it up a bit. As you can see in the picture above, to make each ring unique you can choose to paint just one layer or several. With one layer, the face of the coin shines through, but with two, a more opaque finish is created.

Then I got nail polish happy and tried painting a quarter with several colors. It turned out pretty nice I think. Here's how. 


  
As you can see the possibilities with these guys are endless. I ended up finding a button and a funky shaped coin (from back in the day when I tried out golfing, it was used to get golf balls at the practice range) and hot-glued them both on a ring base.

*side note: I just realized my hand looks a tad bluish and dead. I sincerely apologize. My hand model should be back from vacation A.S.A.P.

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 21, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply